We Love The Countryside
Partridge Farm is a beautiful 75 acre farm set in the lush Devon countryside. Duncan & Hannah have now lived on Partridge Farm for 4 years in January 2014, with their twin boys George & Freddie who are already farmers in the making.
Duncan’s family have been farming for over 200 years as he grew up on a livestock farm, farming is very much in his blood. Hannah’s family were long life butchers so they had a huge enthusiasm for the outdoor traditional way of living and farming and they love good food! Unable to consistently source really good local meat products they became disillusioned with intensive rearing of livestock and meat production & wanted to get back to traditional farming practices and values.
Starting on a cottage industry scale, they raised Gloucester Old Spots, butchering them themselves, curing bacon, air drying hams and salamis, sausages and black puddings. They were so taken aback by the unbelievable flavours they obtained, they decided to dedicate themselves to breeding and butchering Traditional and Rare Breed livestock the natural way.
They now grow all their own Barley which they mill themselves to feed their pigs and feed their cattle & sheep on the top quality grass they grow. In 2013 they won the BEST Producer Award with Food & Drink Devon & Outstanding Product Award with their Grass fed Aberdeen Angus Sirloin steak along with 9 Taste of the west Awards & also a Countryside Alliance Rural Oscar for The best Butcher in the South West!
Hannah & Duncan
We supply meat to the following establishments:
- The Shops at Dartington – www.dartington.org/shop
- The Grove Inn Kings Nympton – www.thegroveinn.co.uk
- The Stag Inn Rackenford – www.thestaginnrackenford.co.uk
- Stefanos Homemade Food – www.stefanoshomemadefood.co.uk
- Feast without fuss – www.feastwithoutfuss.co.uk
- Tiverton sausage company – www.tivertonsausagec.co.uk
- Bridgehouse Bampton – www.bridgehouse-bampton
- Good Game – www.good-game.co.uk/
- Linley’s Bistro – www.linleysbistro.co.uk/