A succulent steak can be achieved on the barbie or in a pan, but it has
to start with quality beef. We think you’ll enjoy a beef steak from our
aberdeen angus cattle which have been slow-reared on grass and to
high welfare standards. It’s the taste of the Devon countryside.
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
1. Start with a steak which is already at
2. Heat a heavy-based grill pan as hot as you can get it.
3. Oil the steak with olive oil and season with salt, rubbing
the oil and salt into the meat.
4. Place the steak in the pan (no extra oil needed) and it
cook for 20-30 seconds, and keep turning until it’s as cooked
as your like it (see times above). You might also like to sear
the sides to make the fat more crispy.
5. Let the steak rest on a warmed plate for 3-4 minutes